- VIP Seating: Get the best seats before the general public, reserve your seats year after year
- Discounted Tickets: Save 15% on additional tickets
- Bring a Friend for Free: Invite a friend to join you at no cost, one free ticket per package
- VIP Service: Complimentary ticket exchanges or reprints*
- Discounts on Parking: Get a special rate at the Symphony House Quik Park
- Special Event Invites: Invitation to the Season Preview and other subscriber events
- Orpheus Card: Use your subscriber discount card to receive discounts at partnered retailers
*Carnegie Hall concerts only.
Alisa Weilerstein, cello
SAT, MAR 18, 2017 | 7PM
When the young American cellist Alisa Weilerstein first appeared with Orpheus in 2010, her genius was beyond question—a quality the MacArthur Foundation confirmed the next year when they awarded her a Fellowship (a.k.a. “genius grant”) and declared her “a consummate performer, combining technical precision with impassioned musicianship.” While Schumann’s Cello Concerto is the product of a brilliant composer on the brink of insanity, bright talents found their voices early in Mendelssohn’s refreshing Nocturno for winds, Webern’s aphoristic Five Movements for strings, and Schubert’s elegant symphonic salute to the powerful influences of Rossini, Haydn and Mozart.