Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Part-time (20 hours per week; $20 per hour); currently remote with the need to be present in NYC when in-person concerts and events resume.
Orpheus Chamber Orchestra seeks a part-time Development Associate as a vital member of its Development team. Working closely with the Director of Development, this position is responsible for maintaining all development records, running data analysis, assisting with special events planning and execution, and other operations to ensure the department’s efficient function. Preparation of annual fundraising appeals via letter and email, as well as tracking fulfillment of donor benefits are also included in this position. The Development Associate regularly communicates with Orpheus Board members, major donors, and external vendors. The position presents a unique opportunity for a candidate interested in arts administration to contribute to a range of development department functions.
Roles and responsibilities
Donor Database & Operations
- Maintain the accuracy of donor database and other records to ensure accurate recording and reporting of donor information such as gifts, appeals, and event attendance.
- Generate constituent lists and other donor information for reporting, mailings, and events, including maintaining list of current funders, funder prospects, and VIPs.
- Coordinate with finance department to prepare regular reporting, monitor department financial goals and progress to date; ensure activities are within budget; and conduct monthly gift reconciliations.
- Manage process of creating, sending and logging acknowledgement letters to all donors in a timely manner
- Attend and assist with Orpheus New York City concerts and donor events, receptions, and rehearsals as a representative of Development department.
- Respond to phone/web/email inquiries from prospects and donors such as information requests and contribution acknowledgements.
- Track donor benefit fulfillment for individual donors.
- Follow-up with new or upgrading donors to inform of benefits/invitations.
- Provide support to Executive Director and Director of Development for donor relations activities.
- Manage and execute process for targeted appeals with individual giving programs, including preparation of materials, mail merge for letters and labels, mailing, and related donor list management activities.
- Create and send cultivation and solicitation emails to donors and prospects.
- Ensure timeline for mailed and emailed communications is successfully met.
- Create and manage list of donors and prospects for all mailings, coordinate with printer and mail house for production.
- Coordinate with Marketing team on digital fundraising efforts.
- Assist with execution of Annual Gala, Opening Night, salon events, Young Orpheus and other unique cultivation opportunities.
- Manage event RSVPs for accurate guest lists and donor attendance information.
- Invitations and Mailing: pull and manage invitation lists for all events, email/mail invitations and reminders, print in-house when applicable.
- Coordinate with mail house, designers, and vendors as needed.
- Conducts research on prospective corporate and foundation funding sources
- Assists with grant supplements and other proposal materials, as needed
Candidates who are qualified by experience, skill, and personal motivation are invited to apply by Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
Please send a cover letter, a current resume, and the names and phone numbers of three references to Kristen Wesloh, Director of Development, at email@example.com.
Orpheus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to cultural diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.