Orpheus Chamber Orchestra seeks a Development Intern interested in a career in performing arts administration to work in a highly collaborative setting, assisting in all areas of the department, including:
Individual and Institutional Giving
- Update donor records and prepare weekly acknowledgment letters for all donations
- Assist with preparation of annual campaign mailings
- Assist with prospect research to expand donor base and create profiles for potential individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Work with Development staff to examine and prioritize funding guidelines and deadlines
- Aid in writing grant proposal and reporting language
- Assist with preparation of invitations and mailing lists
- Create and maintain RSVPs for special events including working rehearsals, Orpheus Society and Young Orpheus events, Opening Night, and the Annual Gala
- Aid in event coordination and execution of donor events, including logistical planning and day-of assistance at venues
- Maintain and update records of individual donors, foundations, corporations, and government agencies
- Generate gift reports and basic analysis as requested
This is a part-time, unpaid internship reporting directly to the Director of Development. Intern will also work closely with the Development Associate and the Manager of Institutional Giving. Work days/hours are flexible, though 16 hours per week is recommended. Applicants should be interested in a career furthering communication skills and development experience.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter with the subject “Development Internship” to email@example.com.